Monday, March 24, 2008

Celebrating Easter

I know not that many people get that big into Easter..but in my family it's always been a big deal. My grandma used to do a big Easter egg hunt for all the grandkids and now that she has passed on we have decided to keep that tradition. Of course we all need to remember the real reason for Easter..Our Savior, Jesus Christ. Which I am so grateful that Easter is on a Sunday so we can be thinking of Christ and what an amazing man he was.
On Saturday night we colored eggs, we have been doing this with Ty ever since he was a baby so this was his 3rd year. This time he managed to crack an egg open and peel it, when he got to the yoke he was so excited he thought he found a ball! It was the funniest thing, we told him to eat it, but he said "No.. it's a ball." When we woke up Easter morning, the Easter Bunny had left baskets for us, and hid our eggs around the house. Tyler loved finding all the eggs, but he wasn't to happy with the Easter Bunny, because he put his basket in his basketball hoop, he was very concerned about this. Then we had to hurry and get ready for church. We have to apologize again to the Darlings (and anyone else that was around us as well) who unfortunately got to sit by us and Tyler was being so crazy..he had a little too much candy before church. After church we headed up to Kev's parents house for dinner and an egg hunt for the kids. We had over 125 eggs, and the kids had a ball. But of course Ty picked up one egg and then found candy inside so he didn't need anymore. I got a few more for him, but I think he only ended up with about 6, silly kid. He was also having way too much fun throwing the ball around the back yard with daddy to care about picking up eggs. After awhile we headed out to my family, for another Easter egg hunt.. yeah, if anyone needs candy we have plenty! Again, Tyler didn't care about getting eggs, he found a few then daddy had to do the rest. He was more interested in the trampoline. He's never been on one before. It was pretty funny to watch him. We had great Easter, and are so grateful that we get to celebrate Our Savior. We are so blessed with everything in our lives and it's always good to have things to remind us of our importance of being here and our Heavenly Father, and Heavenly Brother that love us dearly. We hope you all enjoyed your Easter too.

8 comments:

Shanna and Brent said...

very cute pictures, Megan! I like that you're family was matching. Glad your Easter was good.

Stephenson and Katie said...

I decided I am going to start saving you guys a seat next to us in church every week, cause that's the most entertained I've been in a while! Plus, you give us candy :) Tyler is adorable and I loved your green outfits! Such cute pics!

Meg said...

You guys look so cute in your cute easter outfits. And Meg I bought that same shirt! Thats funny! I LOVE that picture of Ty on Kevins shoulders. So stinkin Cute!!! You guys are a cute lil family! And I'm glad you are blogging more often!! Love ya

Davis'...things that make us smile said...

such a cute little fam! I swear life just happens and you lose touch! But i'm glad that I found you guys. We hope all is going well!

Chris and Tara said...

Happy Easter to you, too. I love Ty's big smile in that 3rd picture. I also love how all of your sunday clothes matched. I try to do that with Chris but I'm not sure he knows that :)

The Parks Fam said...

How cute that you guys all matched on Easter!! I LOVE that!! I totally wish that Casey would go for something like that cause I would totally do it. Ty looks sooo dang cute and grown up. You need to call me soon so we can set up a play date together Dax would love it!

Lindsay said...

Hey Megan, I loved reading what's up with your family since it's been awhile since we've seen you. I finally got a blog going. A couple actually. Our family one is hagbloms.blogspot.com and our business one is ellephotographyblog@blogspot.com. Check it out!

ariel said...

Hey I changed our blog address to: http://seanandariel.blogspot.com. So change your link!