Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tyler's bedroom makeover..

We finally had to make the plunge and move Tyler into a big boy bed. I think we were more nervous about it than him. He slept so good in his crib and wasn't climbing out of it, but it had to be done eventually so we just did it. And I am pleased to say that it want amazingly well. He hasn't got out of be once. He can climb in and out of it, but he just stays there until we come and get him. I'm a little hesitant to get to excited for fear that it might start getting worse..but we are going on 6 days now and he's done great. I was told a thoery by a few people that if you switch them from a crib straight to a twin size bed they stay in it better than a toddler bed. So I don't know how true that is, but I do know that it worked for us. He loves his bed and has to show everyone that comes over. We got a sports theme quilt ans sheet set so he thinks it's fun to find all the balls on the bedding. Luckily I was able to find something to match the paint in his room, since I barley finished to whole thing like 6 months ago. It doesn't match quite as good as the crib bedding but it works.

A sports bed what more could a little boy need..

The other great thing we got for his room was a little table and chair set from Ikea. He absolutely loves it, he sits there for everything. He would eat breakfast there if we let him. But it keeps him very entertained to do things on his own table.

7 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

Meg, his room is so cute. I love the colors. Keegan was the same way. He did great with the switch and still stays in his bed in the morning and calls for us like he did in his crib. We thought it was funny at first but now 4 months later the humor has worn off. :)

Andy and Kimi said...

Good for you, I can't bring myself to putting Tanner in a bed- I simply love the control of the crib :) That's great to hear that Ty will stay in it- one of these days we'll have to give up the crib.

Megs said...

Looks good Megan! And good news for us. We are thinking about switching Belle, but have been so nervous that she won't sleep as well or as long, because she can get out and do what she wants. This gives me some encouragement!

Meg said...

Tyler is such a big boy!!! More like lil man.. His bed is so cute!!

ariel said...

I love how you painted the walls! Did you do that all yourself? I'm surrounded by neighbors who are so talented at decorating...

Chris and Tara said...

I love the board on the side to prevent him rolling out of bed. I could have used one of those when I was a kid :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.