Monday, March 3, 2008

Birthday Week...

We were joking with some friends about how when it's your birthday it should be for the whole week. Well this year it really was for me. On Monday we went to dinner with 5 couples from our ward to celebrate Mine, Tara, and Anthony's birthday's all of which are on the same exact day. How crazy is that. We had an awesome time, getting to know new people and celebrating with no kids. It really was great thanks so much Chris and Tara, we really owe you.


Then on Tuesday we celebrated at work, which is for all the birthdays that month, and we had delicious Marie Calendar's pies...you can't beat that. Thanks so much to my work, you guys are great and I'm so glad that I still get to see you all once a week. And thank you Pattie and Steph for the wonderful gifts.

On my actual birthday...it was pretty much an ordinary day, I watch my 4 year old niece on Thursdays so I had her, but then I dropped her off at preschool, and my mother in law offered to watch Tyler so I could go shopping kid free. I didn't really have anything to shop for, but I got some cute new shoes, and what more could a girl ask for. Kev got me a fossil watch which I absolutely love, thank you babe. And then we went to dinner that night with Anthony and Gina. We love you guys thanks for putting up with us and for being such great friends, and thank you Gina for the wonderful gift. We we got home Kev had gotten me a banana cream pie, which is my favorite, but we were so full from dinner that we didn't eat it until the next day. But it was delicious.

Believe it or not the week isn't over yet. On Sunday we went out to my parents house for dinner and to celebrate mine and my little brother's birthday (yep he's the black kid, I know that caused confusion before, but he was adopted). Our birthdays are 3 days apart so we are used to combining them. My parents got me a scrap booking tote that I love and will come in handy for all of the stamps I am collecting these days. Well that pretty much sums it all up. And it was a great week, thank you everyone for making it that way. And baby I love you, Thank you for all you do for me and for making my birthday a memorable one.

10 comments:

The Parks Fam said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! Looks like you had a great week of pampering, You deserve it. Hope things are going well for you guys!!

Meg said...

Sounds like you were one spoiled girl for your birthday!! I love the very last picture of Mitch and Tyler! There buddies!! Thats cute!

Tiffany said...

Aw I'm glad you had such a great birthday! You're so cute in all of your pictures. How fun you have an adopted brother! 3 of my siblings are adopted. Two of them are from Haiti. I'll have to talk to you about that later. Glad you're doing well!

ariel said...

sounds like you had a fun birthday! i'm glad you found my blog! yours is super cute. we need to catch up. I bet I'll see you at the ward talent show!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Yeah girl, you know how to celebrate in style! I'm glad I was able to be there for part of it :) we must do it again SOON!!

Chris and Tara said...

I'm so glad we got to kick off your birthday week. That's great. I also had several days to celebrate my birthday and will get one more on Easter weekend when we have a birthday dinner for Chris and myself with my family. Woohoo!
On a side note, at the talent show can Caprene and I do our duet before I do my other song? If so, that would be great. We'll see you Saturday.

Andy and Kimi said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you had a great birthday week! I missed you last month at CTMH- hopefully I'll see you this month. Ty is sure cute, I miss seeing him and hearing his little voice.

The Shepherds said...

It seems like we see each other everywhere, but we never get to talk much. I'm glad you had a good birthday, very cute pics!
Jen

k8e said...

Hey Megan! I just wanted to thank you for the yummy soup and rolls! Those cinnamon rolls were amazing! Totally hit the spot-I couldn't stop eating them! Thanks again!

Katherine said...

We totally agree with you on the birthday week thing! In our family we have birthday weekend which is either the weekend before or after the birthday. Birthday weekend has fun rules that others have to follow (they are pretty easy, usually just things to spoil the birthday person)! I'm glad you had tons of fun, I'm sure you deserved it.