Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day

I hope you all remembered to wear green! I don't usually do much for St Patrick's day, but I thought we would make it a little fun. So we had some leftover mint brownies from yesterday, and I made green eggs, green pancakes, and bacon. I was half tempted to turn the milk green, but I didn't know if Kev would drink it or not. Then we had family night, and hate brownies for dessert.



We have really tried to make Family Night a routine over the last few weeks. We subscribed to The Friend, which has been a great help for ideas for little ones. We make it really short (like less than 5 min, that's including both prayers.) Then we have treats and get Ty ready for bed. It's kind of hard to make it much more than that, especially since Kev gets home so late, but it has been working really well for us. I am really surprised at how fast Tyler has picked up on the routine. We usually read him a story before bedtime anyway, and the other night I asked him if he wanted to get a story for bed, his reply was, (in the cutest little voice possible) "Yeah, mom I want to have Family Night." I was so happy that our efforts are actually doing some good. Another thing that has been helping is this church book we got Tyler for Christmas, and it's his favorite book by far. But it talks about how to be reverent, it's really great for church. The reason we thinks he likes it so much, is there is a picture of the prophet in there, and it talks about watching conference on TV. Well Tyler is absolutely convinced that it is his Papa Shipp. (I think it's because of the glasses.) But it always cracks us up, we are still working on that it's the prophet and not Papa Shipp. In the meantime, we are grateful for the book. The picture with the hat is from Tara's house last night, but I couldn't resist putting it on here, especially since it's St Patty's, and it makes me laugh.




I love my family...

4 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

What a cute mom you are!!! Your family is so dang cute... and WOW those brownies look delicious- we might have to invite you over for dinner sometime so you can bring them :)

Val said...

So creative with all the green food :) What a good mom you are!
That's great you're starting FHE so young with Tyler. When Wes and I around that kid, we just want to take him home with us. He's soo cute!

ariel said...

that's so awesome you're doing fhe with tyler! we've been really bad at doing it. hopefully when we have kids we'll get it together!

ps i love your pictures. tyler is such a cutie!

Gina said...

Okay, so you're really making my blog look "yesterday". I need to get back into the blogging world! Ahhh! You're blog looks really good. We need to update mine, bad.