Thursday, March 19, 2009

A good Read

I recently got this book for my Birthday and I was so excited, I have heard many good things about it, and I have wanted it for awhile. It's a good, solid read with lots of parenting insight. I have learned a lot from it, but also felt like I have been implementing most of this into parenting already. But I am always looking for suggestions and what to do about certain things. If I can just remember to think before I react and try to change the situation to a positive rather than a negative then I'm in good shape. I have already tried some of the techniques and have noticed a world of difference. One of the reasons I like this book it that it offers many situations and the dialogue on how to approach them. I'm sure I will refer back to this book often and if any of you want to read it your welcome to borrow it. I even got my husband to read some of it, and he liked what he has read so far.

2 comments:

Kira said...

OH I love Love and Logic. I have the toddler one and I think Keaton might have had to find another family long ago if it weren't for that book. It makes a WORLD of difference. You are right they give you the tools to turn things around. Yesterday I fought Keaton all day to get ready. In the afternoon he was supposed to go to his buddies house to play. I was THRILLED when the Mom cancelled. I could then go into the, "what a bummer....we took so long Cole can't play now". It is always better they expierience those consequences when the cost isn't very high!

Lindsay said...

Love it but have a hard time getting Clay on board. Feel free to set Kevin loose on him for me.