Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A child's Prayer

Whenever I am struggling or just feeling sad, these words come to my mind

Heavenly Father are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away,
but I feel it close around my as I pray.
Heavenly father I remember now,
something that Jesus told disciples long ago
suffer the children to come to me,
Father in prayer I'm coming down to Thee.

Pray, He is there. Speak, he is listening
You are his Child, His Love now surrounds you
He hears your prayer, he loves the children
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of Heav'n.

I love the meaning this song has, and how when we sometimes feel discouraged we can simply remember if we ask Heavenly Father if he is there, and to be there for us, and He WILL. This song is so comforting to me, it's my favorite primary song and I sing it often. I have even started to sing it to Tyler to calm him down. Instantly I feel closer to heavenly father. I'm grateful for prayer and for the blessing that comes from it. I love to hear my little boy pray, and as he is getting older he can say what he wants and not just what we tell him. A cute thing the other day when he was praying.

Tyler: Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day
Thank you for me, Help mommy and daddy to listen to me,
Help me to be a good boy. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Such a simple prayer, but so sweet coming from a 3 year old.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Cute lil' Ty Ty. ;)

Chris and Tara said...

What an awesome prayer. I wonder... If I was to pray for Chris to listen to me, would it work?

Anonymous said...

I love kids prayers! Tae usually reprimands Jax or Brie in her prayers, with one eye open so she can see the reaction. And Jaxton always prays for Pres. Uchtdorf, it's adorable when he says it.

I love that song too. Thanks for your sincerity.