Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Busy Week...

Wednesday May 21, 2008

Kevin and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary, I can't believe it's been 5 years. It has been wonderful, and I grow to love him more everyday. He is an amazing man, and he works so hard to provide for us as well as go to school. Although I think I'm counting the days more than he is until he is finished. I love you baby, thank you for all you do.

We decided to go up to Park City for a few days just to get out. And of course the weather was crappy, just as it was here. But we still managed to get some shopping in, as well as eating out, and relaxing in the hot tub. Kev planned the whole trip and he did an amazing job. We stayed in a Marriott suite, it was so nice, it was almost the same size as our house! (which isn't that big, but it was for a hotel room) I wish we could have stayed longer, but we only had a sitter for 2 days.

Saturday...

We went over to Kev's parents house and had a BBQ, and watched movies. Then later that night we went out and roasted marshmallows, and made smores. I love roasting marshmallows, and I'm glad we did it, because we usually go camping over memorial weekend, and with the weather so bad we didn't. But at least we got the goods and the great camp fire smell. The best part is we got to go home and shower right after.

Monday...

We went to Kev's parents house again, We had family fly in from Arizona that we don't see that often so it was nice to spend time with them. We mostly ate more food, and just hung out. We did end up over at the church later to watch the guys play basketball, and let the kids run around.

Wednesday...

Kev has had Wednesdays off until school starts again, so we wanted to make a trip to the zoo, we have been trying for the last month. But it seems that every Wednesday is crappy weather. But we finally made it, and it was worth the wait. The weather was absolutely perfect, sunny not too hot, with a little breeze. We had so much fun, Tyler loved the animals of course. His favorite animal is a monkey (especially curious George), but he likes elephants and he was especially fond of the snakes, Yuck! We watched the bird show, and I thought he would love it, because he loves birds. But he wasn't too fond of them flying right over our heads. It was pretty amazing, and very beautiful birds.




Well now back to reality, it's time to start packing. We have to be out in exactly 12 days, and I have yet to start. I dread packing, I love the unpacking part but I hate packing. And I hate that our stuff is going to be in storage for 3 months. But I have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it when we get into our new home. I am definitely excited about that. I am really sad to move, since this was our first home we ever bought, but lets face it we need something bigger. So if you don't hear from me for awhile, feel free to stop by and say Hi, and maybe pack some boxes for me. Love ya.

8 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

Sounds like a good week!! I can't wait to be up here for the summer!! I am exactly the same as you, I HATE to pack but really like the un-packing. Have you started building yet??

Kira said...

How fun! We are starting packing this week too. We are going in storage for a WEEK, ridiculous I know. I am excited for your new house!

Chris and Tara said...

Ugh! Packing. I don't envy you. But I do think it will all be worth it. Especially if you stay in our ward... :) Cute pic's at the zoo.

The Parks Fam said...

What fun fun weekend! I LOVE Park City!! Good luck with all the packing, its such a joy! but it will all be worth it. We were in the exact same obat last Summer, now that I look back it seems like none of the moving mess ever happened. Lets get the boys together for a playdate soon, you have my number so give us a call!

Tiffany said...

HAPPY 5 YEARS!! You guys are such a cute couple :) Let me know if you need anymore boxes. We've moved 4 times in our 3 years of marriage... I had to do it each time all by myself.. Ryan had either been out of town, in the hospital.. I can't remember all the excuses ;) Good luck!!!

Megs said...

Sounds like things are going good. We are excited for you guys and the new house! I love "new"!

The Viehweg's said...

Ok, I know your life is turned upside down a bit but I need a new post.

Stephenson and Katie said...

Meg you need a new post :) Yeah we are done with season 2- come get it anytime!!