Saturday, June 6, 2009

Time to catch up

No I haven't forgotten about my lonely old blog...I just haven't really had much to write about plus now the weather is warm we have been busy with other things. Mostly fun but some not so fun.

Memorial Weekend...

We went camping with some friends and had a great time, despite all the rain. The weekend was anything but what we had planned, but we made the best of it. We went down to Green River to go River rafting all weekend, but because of all the rain and flash floods we couldn't even get near the river. So we found a nearby campsite and stayed for 3 days in the rain. On Monday it finally cleared up enough that we got to go down the river, my first time ever river rafting. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and thanks to those who stayed back and watched the kids. All in all it was a great weekend and we hope to do it again sometime without the rain.


Yard Work...

The worst part about this is it wasn't even our yard. Kev's parents decided to finally put sprinklers in their back yard...what a project when you already have sod down. So went spent all day Saturday and then back on Monday getting it done. The sprinkler system itself wasn't so bad, it was the clean up afterwords trying to get the grass back in the right places. On the bright side it does make me want to put in our backyard this year, but that requires money...and who has that? So we settled for fixing up the front yard a bit. We took out all the bark that the builders put in, then added top soil and tilled it in with the clay, then added more top soil. The we planted a few shrubs and flowers, and hopefully by the end of the summer it will look more full, and next year we will have something to add to.

Other events and happenings...

We haven't been up to much else just trying to enjoy the summer and have a good time while we can. We have a lot of things coming up this fall which we are excited for. Tyler is going to play soccer which he absolutely can't wait for. He has been bugging me for a year about it. He had already informed me that Callie (his cousin) is going to teach him how to play. I am excited to see what he will actually do on the field, it should be entertaining anyway. He also starts pre-school another thing he can't wait for. It's only 2 days a week for 2 hours a day, but that should free up some more of my time for studying. Which brings me to my last thing...I have decided to go back to school. I'm a little hesitant about it but also way excited. I'm going to go to SLCC to finish my pre-recs for the nursing program. Of course the program has a 2 year waiting list, so it will be a long process but I figure why not start. These were not my original plans for life, but sometimes the Lord has a different way of doing things than we expected, and I just have to rely on him that he will see me through this. I thought for sure by now we would be having another child, after all Tyler is 3 1/2 and isn't it a rule or something in Utah that you have your kids 2 years apart?? For now I will go back to school and try to keep my mind occupied and when the time is right hopefully we will be blessed with more children. So a lot going on and a lot of changes coming up, so wish us luck as we embark on this new journey in life.

P.S. I will try to keep you updated more often, but really our life isn't that entertaining.

4 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

Yay!!! A new post!!!! I am glad you made it back safe from your camping trip. I read about all the flooding and couldn't imagine who would still try to camp it out. I think it is great that you are going back to school. I have toyed with the idea as well. Of course I would have to do it on-line. And I do think it is a UT rule that you have to have your kids close together, who makes up these rules though?? At least your husband is on board with trying. Still trying to talk mine into it. Who knows maybe our next ones will be the same age as well. I am sure it will happen.

Kira said...

It is good to hear from you. That is great Tyler is in soccer. He will love it. I also think it is really cool you are trying to finish school. I don't have the guts to start, you are my hero. I hear you about the 2 years apart thing. We thought that too. It took us quite a bit longer. It is pretty frustrating and heartbreaking, I am so sorry.

lisa louise said...

wow...welcome back. :) i'll keep checking to make sure your life stays boring!!haha
lisa

Gina said...

if you don't have anything to post on your family blog, you should post on your food blog. *hint,hint* ;)