Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain...Rain...

I've never really been a big fan of rain, I'm always too concerned about my hair or something. I think it's just one of those things as you get older you lose that sense of adventure. We don't have as much time to just play and be free. But as I've watched my little boy the past few days get so excited about the rain, I thought to myself...I'm actually enjoying the rain. It's fun to play and splash in the puddles, which is exactly what Ty has been doing. And it just brings a smile to my face that he is having so much fun, with something that I normally would be annoyed about. So I'm taking on a new perspective of the rain and I'm going to enjoy it while it's here, because let's face it, at least it's not 90+ outside.

I am also so happy about the cute little raincoat and rain boots that he has on. We went to the Outlets in Park City a few weeks ago, and found these on a steal at Children's Place (my favorite kids store) they were normally $29.50 each. Well I picked up these bad boys for $ .99 jacket, and $4.00 boots!! You can't beat that, plus I bought 6 more for my nieces and nephews. I just love when I get a good deal on clothing and attire for the little ones, especially when they grow out of it so quickly. So ode to Children's Place and the rain for making this week all worth it.

And I also wanted to give a little shout out to my friend Lindsay for all her Photography advice, you can check her out here and here. I don't really have any skills of Photography nor do I know what I'm doing half of the time, but thanks to her tips on her blog. I was able to capture Ty playing in the rain, not worrying about posing or getting the right angle, but just snapping photos, and this was the result. I absolutely love how it turned out, and the best part was I wasn't even trying to get a great pic. So thanks Lind's you are amazing.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yaaay! Even before I saw you mention me at the bottom of the post I was thinking, "Wow, these pictures look great!" My faves are the stomping rain boots. LOVE! And his little happy face in his hood! SO cute! AWESOME prices!! HUGE WOW! I need to sneak in some time to play. My life has been B-U-S-Y lately & I need to just drop it for a second. Miss you!!

Michelle said...

Love the pics of Ty. It probably helps that he is the cutest little guy ever, but I still think you did an awesome job. I went to your friends website to try and find tips...does she give photography tips somewhere, I would love to read them. She is an amazing photographer.

The Viehweg's said...

What!!! I hate missing out on such a great deal!! I love that store!!! He looks like he is having a blast!! i bet you are getting sick of the rain by now though.