Friday, September 5, 2008

The count down is starting

Update with the house--
Things have been moving rather quickly, and we couldn't be happier. They have almost completely finished the exterior of the house..minus the stucco which should be happening in the next few days. Other than that the siding, the roof, the windows..you know, everything that goes into a house is done.

On the inside--they have finished framing and wiring, insulating, as well as sheet rock, taping and mudding. I think they have one more coat of mudding and sanding to do and then it will be time to paint. Starting next Friday and Saturday we will be painting all the baseboards white (rest of house will be tan..well minus a few rooms that I will add a little more color to). I know this is a tedious job and many people have recommended not to do it, but we figured it would be a lot easier than trying to paint 10+ foot walls in the Kitchen and Front room. Plus they are letting us do it before they install carpet which will be 10x's easier. We will also be installing tile in all the bathrooms, laundry room, entry way, and Kitchen. This is going to be a big job, but we wanted it to look nice and couldn't afford to upgrade to tile. So we are counting on family and friends and anyone who is willing to help to get this done. We only have one week..because the following weekend we have my brother and uncle installing all of our cabinets. I am very excited for this because we are doing different colors throughout the house instead of it being all the same as it would be with the builder. So it will make our Kitchen a little unique and different from the rest of our neighbors, (no offense Jen and Aaron).

So my project for this week is making curtains for a few of the windows in the house. I finally went to NPS that everyone has been raving about and found some amazing fabric, that I got at a great deal. So I am very excited to make them and put them up in our home. I also have been painting a few things for the house and found some great candlesticks at Smith's Marketplace for a good deal..which I painted black, and then I found some candles to put on them that will match the colors in the fabric. So.. it's coming along and I can't wait to move in and put it all together.

I will post more pics of the tile and cabinets once we get them in.. but for now these are a few pics of the progress.
week four..

week six..

week six..

week eight..back of house

week eight..front of house

9 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

The house looks great!! You will have to tell me about the fabric store, where is it?

The Parks Fam said...

THe house looks AMAZING! Hey, I have been trying to send you an email but my computer is GHETTO and for some reason my email never sends or works :( But Casey's furniture guy is NO longer getting anyone the deals because of slower business with the economy! SOOO SAD! So We can't get any better of a deal then RC willey or Pottery Barn (where they sale the table and chairs we got) I guess he changed the policy at the beginning of the new year!! Im sorry! Hope it doesn't put you out too much. HE suggeseted checking the RC Willey clearance center, they have amazing deals. Good Luck! can't wait to see the house!

Julie said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. It will be nice to be in your own place again, eh? I hope everything else is going well. I emailed Steph (at the lab) all the blessing details, so you'll have bug her about it.

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome!

Meg said...

Lookin good... I can't wait to see it all finished! Don't forget to call me tomorrow night about your hair cut...

Gina said...

We're so excited for you guys! Hey, I tagged you. So check out my blog.

Michelle said...

How exciting for you guys! Definitely post more pictures as the house progresses :)

Tiffany said...

It does look really good. What are you going to do with all that space??? I'm so excited for you guys!! Let us know when you need help moving in.

Lindsay said...

Yea! that's awesome! We wanted to get a hold of you but we don't have a phone number. Give me a call or here's my email
lindsayhagblom@gmail.com