Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sleepovers, Homemade Jam, and Fireworks

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged. We have just been having such and fun and crazy summer. Living at Kev's parents house has sure been adventuresome, I'm pretty sure Tyler is going to go through withdrawals when we move out. We usually see at least a few of the grand kids over every day, not to mention all the sleepovers that have gone on at that house. Kev's sister Holly lives up in Layton and we don't get to see her all that often so she has come down and slept over a few times, which has been fun and hectic at the same time. The kids love to play outside in the water, eat popsicles, and apparently find garden snakes. That was the latest thing when they were all together, and they all loved it. I don't mind snakes all that much but my poor sister in law almost had heart failure when he daughter tried to kiss the snake. It was hilarious. We love family but it sure will be nice to have our own house again.

We also have had a sleepover of our own, we went and spent a few days with my family. My mom and I made homemade strawberry freezer jam. My mom has been making it ever since I was little, and now it's the only kind I like. Call me spoiled but you can blame my mom for that one. Then I spent the day scrapbooking with Jodi, while the kids played. We set up the slip n' slide for them, and Tyler went crazy. He loved that thing.
A little hesitant at first...
but then he loved it.

We spent the third of July up at Eaglewood Golf Course watching fireworks, an annual tradition in Kev's family. Each year our group grows bigger and bigger, but we have so much fun. Tyler absolutely loves fireworks, which is usually rare for kids, but he didn't stop asking about it the whole week until we went. Then he has to reenact what the fireworks do for you..it's pretty funny. After the fireworks the Cherry's spent the night and we woke up the next morning and had a huge breakfast, including waffles, pancakes, eggs and hashbrowns. It was delicious, but took a long time to make all that food. They spent the day and the kids played in the water and had popsicles. We went out to my Uncle's house that afternoon, played in the water more and had a BBQ. It was a lot of fun, then we went out back and watched the fireworks off his back deck, this has been a tradition in my family ever since I was little. The house that my Uncle lives in used to be my Grandma's and we have been doing this ever since I can remember, I love it, it brings back so many memories. We also did our own fireworks out front, but nothing compares to the big ones in the sky.

1 comment:

LTC said...

Welcome back...!