Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Official

I know many of you have been wondering what the heck we are doing about a house..we have been on the fence about it, but it's decided and we are going to build with Hallmark. They broke ground on our home on July 10th and we can't wait for it to be done. We are going to do a lot of work on it ourselves to save money but definetly not stress! But I am very excited because that means I get to customized my Kitchen and I am so excited. Prospective finish date will be the first part of October. In the meantime we are just trying to save..save..save. and not go crazy with living with family. They have poured the footings and we stopped by to see it tonight. Tyler was having a ball climbing up the mounds of dirt and sliding down on his butt. We had a hard time getting him to leave. But it's the cutest thing, he keeps asking me "where's mommy's house?" and I have to explain that we are building a new house, so tonight when we went to see it he said "mommy's new house in the hole?" oh, how I love him!

The starting project...

Tyler climbing on the mounds of dirt..

and then sliding back down.

4 comments:

Chris and Tara said...

Woohoo! We're so excited for you. I love the pictures from the $th of July weekend.

Rachel said...

I am excited for you guys! You know how much of a "do it yourself" advocate I am. You get used to living in constant "construction zone" mode but you'll love the sense of accomlishment when it's done. At least I think you will, we aren't done yet.

Andy and Kimi said...

Good for you guys that is really exciting!! I love the pics of Tyler, it looks like he is as busy as ever!!

Shawnee said...

Yeah! How exciting!