Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am a Mother

"No greater recognition can come to you in this world than to be known as a woman of God. No greater status can be conferred upon you than being a daughter of God who experiences true sisterhood, wifehood, and motherhood, or other takes that influence our lives for good."

-Sister Camilla Kimball

I have been thinking about my role in life, what it is that I need to be doing to better myself? How to become a better Mother and Wife, and to be happy myself? Recently I have been struggling with being a Mom and how to deal with the new challenges of raising a 3 year old. It seems that it is more difficult than when they were 2 or even 1. But as all things have oposition, it definitely has it's advantages too. It amazes me everyday how much my child has learned, how funny he can be and how sweet he is.

I just read a book called I am a Mother, by Jane Clayson Johnson, (of course I was crying through most of it) and it really gave me a lot of perspective. I highly recommend this book to all mothers or those that want to be mothers. I know I am by no means a perfect mother, but I am a Mother, and it is truly the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. As I have struggled with the fact that we have not yet had another child, I am also comforted to know that I do have 1 child, and even though their are the days that I want to run away from it all. Their are also the days that I can't help but smile and laugh with my little boy.


DON'T QUIT
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit....
Success is failure turned inside out.
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.
It's when things seem worst the you must not quit.
-Author Unknown


This book has really given me a breath of fresh air, and helped me to get the strength to keep going, no matter how hard the days may seem, I can do this and I know the Lord will see me through it. The challenges of raising a three year old, who is very stubborn, now has a mind of his own, will Not potty train, and is starting to fight taking naps...can be a very exhausting thing, and some days I just feel helpless. But I must press on for that is what the lord would have me do. I am hear to be an example, a friend, and a Mother to my little boy, and this book helped inspire me to be proud of what I do and to become better at it.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Loved this post & love the picture of you & Tyler. Good reminder & sounds like a great book!

Shawnee said...

Well said. I'll have to remember this post for sometime when I have kids and am feeling stressed out!

Melissa Sue said...

Love it Megan. This post was a great reminder of just how lucky we moms are. :) Thanks.

Gina said...

I Told you you'd like this book! Glad you did and happy that it gave you new insight.

Anonymous said...

Your awesome Meg, the picture is so precious. I think your an awesome mom! Especially because your brave enough to admit your not perfectly in control. Thanks for your posts.